Cool4M Modbus RTU to ASCII bridge provides and supports ASCII commands over RS232 interface and translates them into ModBus RTU protocol over RS485, while eliminating the complexity of the Modbus interface.
- Variable RS232 and RS485 baud rates
- Configurable RS485 polarity
- Compatible with Modbus specification
- Fully compliant with EIA/TIA-485 standard
- Customisable for specific user applications
- Field Upgradable
- Modbus RTU to RS232
- Modbus RTU to ASCII
Cool4M is fully compatible with Modbus serial line protocol. Click here for MODBUS over serial line Specification and implementation guide.
Comprehensive and self explanatory commands set
- crd – Read Coils
- drd – Read Discrete Inputs
- hrd – Read Holding Registers
- ird – Read Input Registers
- cwr – Write Coils
- hwr – Write Holding Registers
- set – Cool4M Configuration
- scan – Look for slave devices
Seamless integration with Modbus driven Systems and PC applications
Interfacing with Cool4M is a simple and straightforward task requiring only common ASCII commands over RS232. Cool4M supports Unsigned/Signed Decimal and Hexadecimal presentation for values and addresses.