We update our policies from time to time. We will post an updated policy and post the new one on the app and on the Site, you can find “last update” time at the bottom of this page. You are welcome to check out our updates for any changes.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect and process the following Personal information about you:
This is what we need you to provide Us so we can run our services:
- Owner user (full name, e-mail address, home address and phone number).
- Owners guests, employees of the owner, etc. (e-mail address).
- Services providers such as installers and technicians (notifications, alerts).
- We may also ask you for additional information when you report a problem with the app.
We collect data directly from the Devices We connect to (the AC systems and your other devices that our app impacts as you request while using our Devices and Services):
- HVAC system data and parameters.
- Device location.
- Direct temperature adjustments to the AC system.
- Details of your visits and how you use the app including (but not limited to) traffic data, location data, logs, browser usage, and other communication data.
- Information about your computer, including where available the user IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your general internet usage by using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. You can adjust your cookie preferences on the Site. You should also Know that modern browsers have an option to avoid receiving cookies if you wish to choose so. If you do not know how to do this, please check the help file of your browser or refer to https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use this information in order to enhance your experience and further improve our performance:
- Estimate amount of users logging to our app and learn how is it mainly used.
- Store information about your preferences, to allow us to customize the app according to your individual pattern of activity.
- Recognize you when you return to the app.
- Maintenance and energy saving purposes.
Other purposes for which We collect, store and process Personal Information:
- We may use any Personal Information you provide Us with to contact you in the future for our marketing and advertising purposes, including, without limitation, to inform you about services we believe might be of interest to you, and to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you.
IF YOU RECEIVE DIRECT MARKETING BY MISTAKE OR WITHOUT YOUR SPECIFIC CONSENT AND/OR YOU WISH TO OPT-OUT, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONTACT US AT email@example.com
- To provide Our Services to Our customers.
- To address users’ applications, inquiries, questions, requests, comments, responses, etc.
- To inform users about a data breach if such incident occurs.
- For development and customer service. For example, to provide customer service and support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services, our development and customer service team may require access to Personal Information. In such cases, our personnel must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and policy and are not allowed to use Personal Information for any other purpose.
- To protect the security of the website and Services, to detect and prevent cyberattacks, fraud, phishing, identity theft, and data leaks, to verify genuine software licenses, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
- To, in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (d) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users or the public, or (e) to protect against legal liability.
If you provide Personal Information for a specific purpose, We may use said Personal Information in connection with the purpose for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact Us by email, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address used to contact Us.
We store the Personal Information for each user while the user is subscribing to our services and while he is using the Device. We may also store the information for a limited period of time after a User no longer subscribed to the Services and using the Device if the information is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to satisfy legal business, tax or regulatory purposes, due to technical issues or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Legal Basis and Consent
without your consent where the processing is necessary to meet contractual obligations entered into by you or by a third party on your behalf or for your benefit, to comply with our legal obligations or that of our customers, and for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Us or Our customers.
Processing Special Categories of Personal Data (“Sensitive Data”) requires specific prior written consent from the individual. A Data Subject providing directly to us such Sensitive Data is required to sign a specific consent form. Regarding Sensitive Data that we receive by authorized third parties, we are relying on them that they have been granted Data Subject’s prior written consent to collect, create, receive, maintain, process, store, transfer and disclose to us and for our use in connection with the Services.
If you have a reasonable basis to assume that any of the above mentioned is not met, you are required to inform us, without due delay, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure and transfer of information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties or governmental authority:
- If we need to analyze the usage of the app with external providers that we collaborate with from time to time.
- If we have to do so by law, like a subpoena, court order, or search warrant or any other unexpected legal requirements) including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements ).
- Send the information to third parties who work on behalf of the Company or with of the Company to provide a service (we will only provide those companies the information they need to for the Services, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose).
- Cooperate with corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat, to prevent illegal uses of our services.
- We may need to share Personal Information with our service providers. For example, to assist in protecting and securing the website or Services the cloud service admin may need access to Personal Information to provide those functions. In such cases, the cloud service provider must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and is not allowed to use Personal Information they receive from us for any other purpose. We transfer to such providers only the minimum data that is necessary for conducting our Services. The data is transferred only to suppliers approved by us that allow compliance with the GDPR. Personal Information may be transferred, stored, and processed in countries outside the EU or European Economic Area (EEA). Such transfer to third countries may include countries that do ensure the same level of data protection laws as required by EU privacy laws. In such cases, we implement information security techniques and technical measures or third parties’ contractual obligations to maintain such Personal Information at the same security level as other Personal Information that We administers. when we need to transfer Personal Information outside of the EU or adequate level countries, in addition to the many security and privacy controls that we have put in place, We also use the EU’s Standard Contractual Clauses as a valid transfer mechanism according to the GDPR. In order to provide our Services, manage and operate our business we use third parties’ cloud services such as:
- Amazon cloud services which comply with the GDPR and is ISO 27001, 27017,27018 certified (for AWS full statement see https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/all-aws-services-gdpr-ready/).
- Salesforce cloud services comply with the GDPR in the delivery of their services and is ISO 27001, 27017,27018 certified (for a Salesforce full statement see https://www.salesforce.com/eu/campaign/gdpr/).
- We may transfer Personal Information to our headquarters located in Israel and maintain it there. Israel has declared by the EU as have an adequate data protection law as to the EU law.
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above, such as Nest Thermostat API integration.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- In the event of sale or transfer of all or substantially all of the Company’s shares or assets, in cases of mergers or in case of negotiations with respect to the foregoing.
If you are a resident of the EU/EEA , you have the right to obtain (i) confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your Personal Information; (ii) information about the categories of Personal Information We are processing, the purposes for which We process your Personal Information and information as to how We determine retention periods; (iii) information about the categories of recipients with whom We may share your Personal Information. You have the right to access the Personal Information We hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information is corrected, updated, or deleted. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your Personal Information to another. If you would like to exercise these rights and you are a CoolRemote user, please email us email@example.com
If you are not a CoolRemote user and would like to amend or delete your personal data email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to unsubscribe to our newsletter, search for our latest newsletter and press ‘unsubscribe’ link and the bottom of the newsletter.
Additionally, if you are a resident of the EU/EEA, We note that We are processing your Personal Information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe.
At all times, you may choose whether to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory by law and/or necessary data to provide the Services, you will not be able to use the Services.
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. Examples of cookies we use:
- Session cookies – for operating our Sites.
- Preference cookies – for remembering your preferences and various settings.
- Security cookies – for security purposes.
We store Personal Information as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data has been collected for. This means that We delete your Personal Information when such information is no longer necessary unless we have a legitimate interest to retain such data for longer period or are required to do so by any applicable law. Statistics which have been anonymized may be saved thereafter.
You can ask Us to delete information you provided while placing an order through the Site. Reach out to your sales contact within cool controls to fulfill your request or to email@example.com.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Our content is aiming for a professional audience. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors without the specific written consent of a parent/legal guardian. If your child is under aged, and you become aware that your child has provided Us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take steps to remove such information and terminate any account your child has created with Us.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen
Google – https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=iw
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at https://optout.aboutads.info/.
We are strongly committed to protecting your Personal Information and we will take reasonable technical steps, accepted in our industry, to keep your information secure and protect it against loss, misuse, or modification. However, no network, server, database or internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. If you notice any security risks or violations, we advise you to report them to us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our supervisory authority is the Israeli Data Protection authority. If you are a resident of the EU/EEA and have a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Information by Us, you are entitled to report such dissatisfaction to the applicable supervisory authority in your country of residence. Contact information for EU Supervisory Authorities is available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en . However, prior to doing so, you are welcome to contact us in order to resolve the issue for the benefit of all parties.
Our Contact details
Address:Mivtakhim St 2, Petah Tikva, 4925469
Tel: +972 (3) 6704796
Fax: +972 (3) 6704798
Last Update: May 2023