We usually update our policies from time to time and each version of the policy will apply to information collected while at the time of an update. We will post an updated policy and post the new one on the app. You are welcome to check out our updates for any changes.
Information Collection and Use
We may collect and process the following information about you (this is what in the GDPR is called “Personal Information“):
This is what we need you to provide us so we can run CoolRemote:
- Owner user (full name, e-mail address, home address and phone number);
- Owners guests, employees of the owner, etc. (e-mail address);
- Services providers such as installers and technicians (notifications, alerts).
- We may also ask you for additional information when you report a problem with the app
We collect data directly from the Devices we connect to (the AC systems and your other devices that our app impacts as you request while using our devices and services)
- HVAC system data and parameters;
- Device location
- Direct temperature adjustments to the AC system.
- Details of your visits and how you use the app including (but not limited to) traffic data, location data, logs, browser usage, and other communication data.
- Information about your computer, including where available the User IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your general internet usage by using cookies files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Modern browsers have an option to avoid receiving cookies if you wish to choose so. If you do not know how to do this, please check the help file of your browser or refer to https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use this information in order to enhance your experience and further improve our performance:
- Estimate amount of users logging to our app and learn how is it mainly used.
- Store information about your preferences, to allow us to customize the app according to your individual pattern of activity.
- Recognize you when you return to the app.
- Last but not least: for maintenance and energy saving purposes.
We store the Personal Information for each user while the user is subscribing to our services and while he is using the Device. We may also store the information for a limited period of time after a User no longer subscribed to the Services and using the Device if the information is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to satisfy legal requirements. These purposes typically include business, legal, or tax purposes.
All information provided by you or collected by us is stored on Cool Control’s secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to our app and therefore any transmission is your own risk. We will do our best to prevent breaches and notify of any breach within 72 hours of the breach discovery by our security team. We just want to remind you that you provide us with basic information and we do not save your payment methods within our system.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties or governmental authority only if we have to:
- If we need to analyze the usage of the app with external providers that we collaborate with from time to time.
- If we have to do so by law, like a subpoena, court order, or search warrant or any other unexpected legal requirements.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right and you are a CoolRemote user, please email us email@example.com.
If you are not a CoolRemote user and would like to amend or delete your personal data email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to unsubscribe to our newsletter, search for our latest newsletter and press ‘unsubscribe’ link and the bottom of the newsletter.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe.
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Reach out to your sales contact within cool controls to fulfill your request.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age ofn18. Our content is aiming for a professional audience.
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above, such as Nest Thermostat API integration.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Cool Control employs administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the User information from unauthorized access.
Links to Other Websites
The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Platforms of advertisers and affiliates. The fact that Cool Control links to a website are not an endorsement, authorization or representation of Cool Control affiliation with that third party. Cool Control does not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on the User’s device, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from the User. If the User follows a link to any of these third-party websites, he does so at his own risk, these Applications have their own privacy policies and he waives any claim against Cool Control for any responsibility or liability for these policies.